Lost Purple Heart
This undated image provided by Hyla Merin shows 2nd Lt. Hyman Markel with his bride, Celia Markel. Markel was a rabbi's son, brilliant at mathematics, the brave winner of a Purple Heart who died in 1945. Markel was killed on May 3, 1945, in Italy's Po Valley while fighting German troops as an officer with the 88th Division of the 351st Infantry Regiment. (AP Photo/Hyla Merin)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17743Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 11674Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10443Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 10260OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10191Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9850Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9805Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5194Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5144Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4631'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.