Daniel Rodriguez waits for the pumpkin pie to be served. Kindergarten students at Eugene Field Elementary School in Oklahoma City have been learning about Thanksgiving traditions and the history of the national holiday in America. Their teachers helped them make paper sack vests and turkey head pieces to wear. To celebrate the end of the Thanksgiving lesson and reward the students for working so hard, about 80 students in the four kindergarten classes held a pumpkin pie break in the cafeteria Tuesday afternoon, Nov. 20, 2012. The students dressed in their creative paper sack turkey vests and head dresses. Photo by Jim Beckel, The Oklahoman
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.