SOLDIER SURPRISES SON
Staff Sergeant Harold Williams surprised his son, Adrian, a fifth grade student during a patriotic-themed Veteran's Day assembly Friday morning, Nov. 9, 2012, at Schwartz Elementary School, when he walked onto the stage while his son and classmates were reciting the preamble of the U.S. Constitution. The elder Williams arrived at the school this morning and had been hidden off stage until his son's class gathered on the stage. Father and son embraced for nearly two minutes in front of a large red, white and blue backdrop. Adrian wiped away tears and tears also rolled down the cheeks of Sgt. Williams. Harold has been stationed in Germany with the U.S. Army and recently returned there from duty in Iraq. Photo by Jim Beckel, The Oklahoman
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.