New Jersey state troopers keep order as motorists line up to purchase gasoline at the Thomas A. Edison service area on the New Jersey Turnpike, Saturday, Nov. 3, 2012, near Woodbridge, N.J. Gas lines were long at some gas stations Saturday morning with motorists trying to make purchases before a noon switch to a gas rationing system ordered by Gov. Chris Christie. Drivers with license plates ending in an even number will be allowed to buy gas on even-numbered days, and those with plates ending in an odd number can make gas purchases on odd-numbered days. Christie says it will help ease fuel shortages and extended lines for gasoline that have occurred since Superstorm Sandy decimated the coast. (AP Photo/Mel Evans)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14352Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12637Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11750OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10003Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8992Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7499Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 7296Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 5240Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4958Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4288'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.