USS Michael Murphy
In this image provided by the U.S. Navy, Secretary of the Navy, the Honorable Ray Mabus, stands with the Ship's Sponsor, Maureen Murphy, during the commissioning ceremony for guided-missile destroyer USS Michael Murphy Saturday Oct. 6, 2012. Mutphy's son, Lt. Michael P. Murphy was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor for his actions in combat as leader of a four-man SEAL reconnaissance team in Afghanistan. Murphy was the first person to be awarded the Medal of Honor for actions in Afghanistan and the first member of the U.S. Navy to receive the award since the Vietnam War. (AP Photo/US Navy, Chief Mass Communication Specialist Sam Shavers)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12316OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7699Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6657Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6438Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5739Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4894Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4675Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4026Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 3825As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3740OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.