Russia US Adoption Limbo
In this photo made Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2013, Jeana Bonner of South Jordan, Utah, who wants to adopt a Russian orphan with Down's syndrome, expresses her frustration with a legal dead-end that prevents her from taking custody of the girl, in Moscow, Russia. From their faraway homes in the American West, two couples made repeated missions of love to Moscow, each seeking to adopt children with Down syndrome. Now, with court approval at last in hand, a political squabble with a trace of Cold War friction has derailed those plans, leaving them in anxious limbo. (AP Photo/Misha Japaridze)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 88132Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 35601Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 5828Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 4402Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.