Security fences surround the perimeter of a Magellan oil storage tank facility south of Cushing. Residents and businesses of Cushing are preparing for the arrival of President Barack Obama this week. The president will make a brief stop at a TransCanada Corp. pipe yard northwest of town, as part of a four-state tour to promote the administration's energy policy. Ruth Ann Johnson, 73, who served 50 years as the town's librarian, said the Payne County community of 8,000 will welcome President Obama on his first visit to Oklahoma after being elected in 2008. Photo by Jim Beckel, The Oklahoman
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 77840Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16227OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13741Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12057Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11953Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 11115Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 11023Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma tornado victims identified
- 9407How to help tornado victims
- 8455Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8294Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.