Massive storage tanks for crude oil are being constructed in this field just on the south edge of Cushing. The tanks are owned by Enbridge. Each tank can hold 250,000 barrels of oil. Residents and businesses of Cushing are preparing for the arrival of President Barack Obama this week. The president will make a brief stop at a TransCanada Corp. pipe yard northwest of town, as part of a four-state tour to promote the administration's energy policy. Ruth Ann Johnson, 73, who served 50 years as the town's librarian, said the Payne County community of 8,000 will welcome President Obama on his first visit to Oklahoma after being elected in 2008. Photo by Jim Beckel, The Oklahoman
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 21842Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 19892Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
- 7794Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.