Exchange-Surgery While Awake
In this photo taken from July 2, 2012 video, Kim Bonnema undergoes surgery to remove two tumors _ one believed to be the cause of her epilepsy and the other the cause of weakness on her right side _ at Spectrum Health in Grand Rapids Mich. The procedure, known as an awake craniotomy, was performed by Dr. Kost Elisevich. Bonnema was awake during the operation and was asked to speak and move her hand, so Elisevich could avoid damaging the parts of the brain that controlled different actions. (AP Photo/The Grand Rapids Press) ALL LOCAL TV OUT; LOCAL TV INTERNET OUT
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.