H: ° L: °,
FT. SILL SOLDIERS GO HOME
Soldiers line up against a wall, taking naps in the welcome center, waiting for their flights to arrive. Nearly 700 soldiers from Ft. Sill, most of whom had recently completed their basic training, arrived at Will Rogers World Airport on buses in pre-dawn hours Thursday, Dec. 20, 2012, to catch flights to join join their families for the Christmas holidays. The troops were welcomed by Blue Star Mothers and other volunteers at the YMCA Military Welcome Center, where they were offered pizzas, doughnuts, chips, sub sandwiches, desserts, hot coffee and cold beverages. Local merchants donated 250 pizzas, 60 dozen doughnuts and the submarine sandwiches. Photo by Jim Beckel, The Oklahoman
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.