SCI Tornado Prediction
FILE - In this Jan. 24, 2012, file photo, people continue the process of cleaning up tornado debris in Center Point, Ala. Storm chasers are watching the Southeast as a nasty storm brews with the potential to spin off a batch of tornadoes. Tornado season is just about here and forecasters believe twisters are possible Thursday and Friday. But in reality, it got an early and deadly start in late January when two people were killed by separate twisters in Alabama. The season usually starts in March and then ramps up for the next couple of months, but forecasting tornado seasons is even more imprecise than predicting hurricane seasons. (AP Photo/Dave Martin) ORG XMIT: WX102
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 21842Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 19892Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
- 7794Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.