GUN RIGHTS RALLY
Brian Hull speaks to the crowd. Hull is the main organizer of the event, using primarily social media for the past eight days to get his message out. Organizers said an estimated 1800 people from throughout Oklahoma crowded into the south plaza at the state Capitol Saturday afternoon, Jan. 19, 2013, to voice their support for their second amendment rights and to express concerns about proposed gun control legislation being considered by the federal government in the wake of the school shooting in Connecticut last month. Many held aloft hand-made signs or waved American flags as speakers addressed the gun rights rally. Photo by Jim Beckel, The Oklahoman
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.