Italy La Scala
In this undated photo provided by Alla Scala theater press office, Jonas Kaufmann, who plays Lohengrin, performs during rehersals of Richard Wagner's Lohengrin at the Milan La Scala opera house, Italy. The dual bicentennial of the births of composers Giuseppe Verdi and Richard Wagner is turning into a dueling bicentennial. La Scala general manager Stephane Lissner on Monday, Dec. 3, 2012 dismissed as "ridiculous" criticism by the Italian media because the famed Milan opera house that was once Verdi's musical home is opening the celebratory season with Wagner's "Lohengrin." No less than Italy's respected President Giorgio Napolitano entered the fray. He wrote a letter to musical director Daniel Barenboim rejecting press rumors that he was snubbing the gala season opener on Friday. (AP Photo/Monika Rittershaus, La Scala)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15918Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8813OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6389Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5669Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5503OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4915Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4833Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3560Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3491Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3466As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.