Superstorm Sandy Nursing Homes
In this Jan. 26 2013 photo, Morris Markowitz sleeps in his room at the Crown Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in the Brooklyn borough of New York. Markowitz's daughter Sherri Gonzalez said that for two weeks after Superstorm Sandy she made frantic phone calls from her home in Miami before her family was able to locate her 90-year-old father, who had been evacuated from the flooded Shoreview Nursing Home to the Crown Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. In Superstorm Sandy's wake, health experts and regulators are warning that thousands of nursing homes nationwide are still ill-prepared for a natural disaster. The late October storm was the latest in a string of disasters to reveal gaps in emergency planning, despite an industry-wide effort to improve preparedness in the years since Hurricane Katrina. (AP Photo/Mary Altaffer)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13135OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7091Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6692Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6620Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5959Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5205Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5081Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3987As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3816Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 3469OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.