Inmate Bra Laundering
An inmate carries bras that were laundered at Central Maryland Correctional Facility in Sykesville, Md., Thursday, Dec. 13, 2012, as part of a breast cancer awareness campaign. Nearly 10,000 bras were expected to be laundered by the inmates after they were collected by a radio station in Frederick, Md. One dollar for each bra was donated to breast cancer research, and the cleaned bras are expected to be donated to women's shelters. Inmates at the facility annually handle more than 2.2 million pounds of laundry from state agencies and non-profit organizations in Maryland. (AP Photo/Patrick Semansky)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.