9 OU football
Joe Golding picked up 22 yards on this jaunt during the first quarter at Ames in 1946 as the University of Oklahoma took the wind out of the Iowa State Cyclones, 63-0, to post its second straight Big Six conference win. Jim Ridding, Iowa State center, finally pulled down Golding, who started out on his own 30-yard stripe. More than 16,000 fans watched the powerful Sooners in action. OKLAHOMAN ARCHIVE PHOTO
- Saluting the Greatest Generation of Sooners - 2010-07-10
- Ex-University of Texas coach Royal dies at age 88 - 2012-11-07
- Darrell Royal coached the Texas Longhorns, but he was still 'one of us' - 2012-11-07
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12959Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12915Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12323OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10047Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8563Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6689Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 6158Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 5174Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5084Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4203'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.