9 OU football
Joe Golding picked up 22 yards on this jaunt during the first quarter at Ames in 1946 as the University of Oklahoma took the wind out of the Iowa State Cyclones, 63-0, to post its second straight Big Six conference win. Jim Ridding, Iowa State center, finally pulled down Golding, who started out on his own 30-yard stripe. More than 16,000 fans watched the powerful Sooners in action. OKLAHOMAN ARCHIVE PHOTO
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.