ROBERT S. KERR / U.S. SENATOR / PRESIDENT JOHN F. KENNEDY / STA
ROBERT S. KERR / U.S. SENATOR / PRESIDENT JOHN F. KENNEDY / STATE VISIT, OCTOBER 29, 1961: SCISSORS IN HAND, Kennedy prepares to snip the ribbon marking formal opening of the scenic route. Disaster narrowly was averted when Sen. Kerr was reminded of the chore just as he and the president were about to leave. Leading the applause at right is Gov. Edmondson, one of many state officials present at the unprecedented occasion. Staff photographer unknown. Photo undated. Published on 10/30/1961 in The Oklahoma City Times.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 17374Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 16681Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 7769Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.