T.W. SHANNON ELECTED SPEAKER
T. W. Shannon thanks Chief Justice Tom Colbert after he was sworn in as Speaker of the House. At his side is his wife, Devon. Shannon was elected by his colleagues in the Oklahoma House of Representatives as their Speaker for the upcoming legislative session. Shannon, a Republican from Lawton, is Oklahoma's first black Speaker of the House. He was sworn in on the floor of the House by Oklahoma Supreme Court Chief Justice Tom Colbert on Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2013. Colbert became Oklahoma's first black chief justice when he was sworn in last week. Photo by Jim Beckel, The Oklahoman
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 17374Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 16681Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 7769Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.