UPDATE: Piedmont power outage to 2,561 customers Wednesday
Power remains out in Piedmont. More than 2,500 customers are affected.
7:35 a.m. PIEDMONT -- Power has been restored to Piedmont customers, the Oklahoma gas & Electric Co. website reports. In west Oklahoma City, another outage has been reported. There are 1,510 customers without power as weather continues to cause outages, officials say.
7:25 a.m. PIEDMONT -- The power outage is weather-related, said Karen Kurtz, Oklahoma Gas & Electric Co. spokesman. About 1,100 customers lost power early Wednesday. As crews were making repairs, a second circuit failed, more than doubling the number of outages citywide. About 200 customers in Moore are also without power due to weather conditions there, Kurtz said.
7:15 a.m. PIEDMONT -- There are 2,561 electric customers without power in Piedmont, according to the Oklahoma Gas & Electric Co. website. Check back to NewsOK.com for more information.
6:25 a.m. Power has been lost to more than 2,500 customers, Oklahoma Gas & Electric Co. reports Wednesday. The Oklahoma Gas & Electric Co. website shows power outages increasing as crews work to make repairs. There are 2,554 customers without power, the website reports.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 17700Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8160OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6156Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6118Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5947OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4682Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4603Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater