Pierce, Garnett lead Celtics over Magic 97-84
Nelson, who averages 7.4 assists and is third on the team in scoring at 15.3 points per game, did not play in the second half.
"I took an elbow to the forearm, so we'll see how I feel tomorrow," he said.
J.J. Redick had 15 points and five assists and Nikola Vucevic had 14 points and 14 rebounds to lead the Magic, who finished with 95 shots. Only 36 of them went in and hardly any midway through the second half.
"We got some good looks. The ball just didn't go in," Vaughn said.
The depleted Magic still managed to push the Celtics through much of the game, taking advantage of 15 turnovers and some shaky free throw shooting as Boston went 9 for 14 from the foul line.
Orlando had been chipping away at the lead in the third quarter, pulling to 57-54 on E'Twaun Moore's three-point play with 5:04 left in the period. Boston slowly rebuilt the lead with a few short runs, then broke open the game in the fourth when the weary Magic wilted defensively.
"They made shots, went on a little run and we couldn't answer back," Vaughn said.
Pierce scored the last four points of the third quarter, putting the Celtics up 72-59 and starting a 10-0 run for Boston. The Celtics opened the fourth quarter 7 for 9, including a series of dunks by Lee and Green during an 8-2 spurt that extended the lead to 86-63.
Andrew Nicholson had 14 points and 10 rebounds, and Moore also scored 14 for the Magic.
NOTES: Boston has won seven straight regular-season games against the Magic. ... Boston had 30 assists. ... The Magic were 1 for 13 on 3-pointers in the first half. ... Orlando has not won since beating Indiana on Jan. 16.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort