Pistons edge Raptors 101-99
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) — Rookie Andre Drummond's putback with 35 seconds remaining lifted the Detroit Pistons to a 101-99 win over the Toronto Raptors in a preseason game Wednesday night.
Drummond put the Pistons ahead 100-99 after rebounding teammate Will Bynum's miss, and Detroit held on. The Pistons won despite going 0 for 13 from 3-point range. Toronto was 11 of 26.
Greg Monroe had 17 points and 10 rebounds for the Pistons and Brandon Knight added 14 points. Drummond had 12 points on 6-of-8 shooting. The first-round draft pick had seven rebounds.
DeMar DeRozan led the Raptors with 17 points and John Lucas added 16.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 20415Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7078Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6616OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5593Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4449Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4211Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater