Pistons sign 2nd-round pick Middleton
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) — The Detroit Pistons have signed second-round draft pick Khris Middleton.
The team did not announce terms of the deal Wednesday. Detroit took the Texas A&M forward with the 39th pick in this year's draft.
Middleton averaged 13.2 points per game last season as a junior for the Aggies. The 6-foot-7 Middleton is considered a good midrange threat and a solid passer, although he shot only 41.5 percent from the field in 2011-12.
Middleton missed 12 games last season with a knee injury. He started 72 games in three seasons at Texas A&M before declaring early for the draft. His best year came as a sophomore when he averaged 14.4 points and 5.2 rebounds.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11436Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11312Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5665Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5178Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4351Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4349OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4135How to help tornado victims