Father of Pistorius's girlfriend speaks out
JOHANNESBURG (AP) — The father of Oscar Pistorius' slain girlfriend has told a South African newspaper that the athlete will have to "live with his conscience" if he is lying about how he killed her.
In its Saturday edition, the Afrikaans-language Beeld newspaper quotes Barry Steenkamp as saying Pistorius will "suffer" alone if his assertion that he accidentally shot 29-year-old Reeva Steenkamp is false.
Barry Steenkamp says he might be able to forgive Pistorius one day if the double-amputee Olympian is telling the truth.
Pistorius was released on bail on Friday. He is charged with premeditated murder in the Valentine's Day slaying of his girlfriend.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15993Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12289Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11194OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9941Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9689Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8745Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8728Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated