Plane stuck in snow on tarmac in Pitt causes delay
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Officials say a flight that landed safely in Pittsburgh during the storm last night got stuck in snow for about two hours on the tarmac.
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (http://bit.ly/W3kB0S) reports that the American Airlines flight arrived between 8 and 9 p.m., but then ran over a snow patch and got stuck.
Airport spokeswoman Joan Jenny says workers tried for nearly two hours to tow the plane to the gate before deciding to bus passengers to the terminal.
No injuries are being reported.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments