Oklahoma City Planning Director Russell Claus says a middle and high school — to go along with the elementary school now being built — are essential to making downtown a family friendly place to live.
Here are other things Claus sees as central to a thriving downtown. He shared his ideas in an e-mail this week; look for more details and his comments in the OKC Boxscore in Monday’s Oklahoman.
1. Additional daycare options.
2. New programs from downtown arts facilities for children and families.
3. Lots interactive options for children in the MAPS 3 downtown park.
4. Mixed-use development, integrating residential, office and other uses.
5. More retail, including a grocery store.
6. Amenities for pedestrians, transit riders and others as alternatives to the car.
7. A children’s museum.