Plenty on the line in final Edlam showdown
NewsOK Related Articles
“I understand why it would be easy to think that, but I don't think that would be a problem with this team,” Manning said. “They didn't have a letdown last year in games like this, and Memorial is a big game no matter what is at stake.”
There is plenty at stake in this one, though, on both sides.
For Santa Fe, it's a district championship.
The Wolves need one win over the last two weeks — they finish the season at Choctaw — to claim a second consecutive district title.
For Memorial, it's a chance at its first playoff berth since 2010.
The Bulldogs can clinch a playoff spot with a win against Santa Fe and one to close the season against a one-win Putnam City West team, although winning one of the two gives the Bulldogs a solid chance to get in on a tiebreaker.
“It's my goal to keep them calm, keep it in perspective and keep doing what we've been doing so we can give ourselves a chance to win this game,” Meredith said. “Of course, it's a huge game to our kids. Edmond is such a competitive city and school district.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15772Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12083Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10914OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9909Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9575Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8649Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8648Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated