Police: 1 killed, 3 wounded in Phoenix drive-by
PHOENIX (AP) — A woman was killed and three other people wounded Friday in a drive-by shooting in a south Phoenix neighborhood, police said.
Authorities were searching for a dark green Ford Expedition after they say four men in the vehicle pulled up to the home around 2:30 p.m. and someone fired multiple rounds.
The four victims were gathered in the home's front yard just a few feet from the road, Phoenix police Sgt. Steve Martos said.
A woman in her 50s and another in her 20s were transported from the scene in critical condition. Martos said the older woman later died. Another woman and a man in his 20s suffered non-life threatening injuries in the shooting, he said.
None of the victims' names were immediately released.
Martos said it's unclear if any of the victims were related, but some neighbors, who declined to be identified, said two of the victims lived in the home and the two others were visiting. Martos said authorities were investigating a possible gang connection. He did not elaborate.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort