Police accuse Westmoore substitute teacher of inappropriately texting student
Oklahoma City police accuse Michael J. Fruitt, 53, of Oklahoma City, of sending inappropriate text messages to a 17-year-old Westmoore High School student.
Oklahoma City police accuse a Westmoore High School substitute teacher of sending inappropriate text messages to a 17-year-old student.
Police arrested Michael J. Fruitt, 53, of Oklahoma City, on Friday on a complaint of violating the computer crimes act, according to a police report released Monday. He remains in the Oklahoma County jail, and bail has not been set. He has not been charged.
Videoview all videos
May 16Oklahoma City police accuse Michael J. Fruitt, 53, of...
Photoview all photos
The school principal called police Friday to alert them to text messages on a student's phone, an officer wrote in the report. The messages told the student he wanted to “rip off your (her) shorts” and “rub your (her) body” and that she was “so hot” and “very sexy.”
The student told police Fruitt gave her a note with his phone number earlier in the year and asked her to text him, and the student obliged, according to the report. The student gave Fruitt her new phone number later in the school year when she got a new phone.
A second student also told police she got text messages from Fruitt, the officer wrote. The messages were not overtly sexual, but he called her pet names such as “sweetie” and “honey.”
Fruitt does not have a significant criminal history listed in state court records.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister