H: ° L: °,
Police arrest man, find stolen Choctaw police car in Midwest City
A man reportedly stole a marked Choctaw police car about 5 p.m. Friday. The car was later located and a man arrested.
A stolen Choctaw police car and the man who authorities say drove off it in while handcuffed and shackled were recovered Friday night after a lengthy chase through the metro area. Joshua Michael Colley, 31, was arrested Friday evening when Midwest City police responded to a disturbance call at a Super 8 motel, 6821 SE 29. Officers found Colley, in handcuffs, about 8:30 p.m., Midwest City police Lt. Ron Strecker said. He told officers where they could find the stolen vehicle, Midwest City police Assistant Chief Sid Porter said. Colley was first arrested about 5 p.m. Friday on a burglary complaint, Choctaw Police Chief Conny Clay said. Colley had been in the back seat of the police car in handcuffs and leg shackles Clay said he wasn't sure how Colley got into the front seat. Officers chased the police car before losing sight of it near Lake Stanley Draper.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11753Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10515Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9760Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9740Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6752Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4200Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4065Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates