Police arrest Oklahoma City man found driving on tire rim, flat tire
Tyler Steers, 24, was arrested after an Oklahoma City police officer stopped him on Lake Hefner Parkway. Police say Steers was intoxicated and had pills in his vehicle.
An Oklahoma City man was arrested after police pulled him over as he was driving a van on a tire rim and a flat tire on Lake Hefner Parkway.
Tyler Steers, 24, was arrested early Friday on complaints of possession of a controlled dangerous substance, driving under the influence and driving on a flat tire or rim.
An officer was driving north on Lake Hefner Parkway about 1:55 a.m. Friday when he saw sparks and a heavy cloud of smoke coming from a van traveling on its front driver's side tire rim, according to the incident report. The officer also noticed the rear passenger side tire was flat.
The officer pulled the van over and noticed the driver was having difficulty maintaining his balance and smelled like alcohol, according to the report.
The officer administered a field sobriety test to the driver. A second officer found an unmarked bottle of the drug Adderall while inspecting the van before having it towed, according to the report.
Police took Steers to the Oklahoma County jail and conducted a breathalyzer test.
According to the report, the test showed a .21 alcohol concentration.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11235Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 11138Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5575Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5081Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4332OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4278Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4021How to help tornado victims