Police arrest Oklahoma City man found driving on tire rim, flat tire
Tyler Steers, 24, was arrested after an Oklahoma City police officer stopped him on Lake Hefner Parkway. Police say Steers was intoxicated and had pills in his vehicle.
An Oklahoma City man was arrested after police pulled him over as he was driving a van on a tire rim and a flat tire on Lake Hefner Parkway.
Tyler Steers, 24, was arrested early Friday on complaints of possession of a controlled dangerous substance, driving under the influence and driving on a flat tire or rim.
An officer was driving north on Lake Hefner Parkway about 1:55 a.m. Friday when he saw sparks and a heavy cloud of smoke coming from a van traveling on its front driver's side tire rim, according to the incident report. The officer also noticed the rear passenger side tire was flat.
The officer pulled the van over and noticed the driver was having difficulty maintaining his balance and smelled like alcohol, according to the report.
The officer administered a field sobriety test to the driver. A second officer found an unmarked bottle of the drug Adderall while inspecting the van before having it towed, according to the report.
Police took Steers to the Oklahoma County jail and conducted a breathalyzer test.
According to the report, the test showed a .21 alcohol concentration.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments