Police arrest Shawnee man on murder, arson complaints after stepfather found dead
Joseph M. Neay, 22, of Shawnee, was arrested hours after firefighters found the body of Marty Lee Jones, 45, inside a burning home at 709 E 11 St.
SHAWNEE — The stepson of a man found dead Friday inside a burning Shawnee home was arrested on murder and arson complaints.
Joseph M. Neay, 22, remained in custody Saturday at the Pottawatomie County Public Safety Center after being arrested by Shawnee police midafternoon Friday, according to The Shawnee News-Star.
Firefighters found the body of Marty Lee Jones, 45, inside a home at 709 E 11 St. earlier that morning, and it appeared he had been stabbed multiple times, Police Chief Russell Frantz told the newspaper.
Frantz said Jones' body was also partially charred in the fire, according to the newspaper.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 18669Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9301Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7759Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6777UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6417Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed