Police confirm third alleged victim in Oklahoma State University sexual assault case
A new sexual battery charge against a former Oklahoma State University student represents a new alleged victim in the case, Stillwater police said Monday. Nathan Cochran, 22, faces four counts of sexual battery for incidents in which he allegedly targeted three male students while they slept.
STILLWATER — A new sexual battery charge against a former Oklahoma State University student represents a third victim in the case, Stillwater police said Monday.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Nathan Cochran, 22, faces four counts of sexual battery for incidents in which he allegedly targeted male students while they slept.
Those incidents occurred between Nov. 3, 2011, and Aug. 15, according to court documents.
Prosecutors filed the fourth charge against Cochran Friday afternoon. The victim in that charge is listed as John Doe.
Stillwater police Capt. Randy Dickerson said Monday this person is a new victim. Two other victims were listed in the previous three charges.
Cochran was scheduled to appear in Payne County District Court Monday. His hearing was reset for 10 a.m. Feb. 4.
The new charge alleges Cochran on Aug. 11 placed his hands on a male victim's leg and lower back and attempted to place his hands inside the man's pants without the man's consent while the man tried to sleep.
The man also told police Cochran told him he wanted to know what it was like to be with a man sexually, according to the charge.
The previous incidents occurred in an OSU dormitory and elsewhere in Stillwater, according to court documents. Cochran pleaded not guilty to the charges last month. He was released on bail.
In one of the previous incidents, a man told police Cochran groped him while he was asleep on Nov. 3, 2011, according to court documents.
A second man told police Cochran groped him on Aug. 15, while the man was asleep in Cochran's dorm room.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14189Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12474Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11484OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9977Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8873Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7409Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 7240Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated