Police find stolen airport luggage in Vancouver WA
VANCOUVER, Wash. (AP) — Police who searched a Vancouver, Wash., home say they've recovered six suitcases and numerous other items believed stolen from Portland International Airport since last May.
Port of Portland police and Vancouver police say they've identified a group of people believed responsible for 15 instances of baggage theft. The Columbian reports that police don't believe the case is linked to an instance of baggage theft last weekend at the airport.
Of four people detained during Tuesday's search, two were released and two were arrested on unrelated warrants.
Port of Portland spokesman Steve Johnson says police have identified the owners of the stolen property and are in the process of notifying them.
Police say the investigation continues.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 13571Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11780Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5526Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5480Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4292Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4042How to help tornado victims