Police ID man fatally shot in Boston barber shop
BOSTON (AP) — Boston police say they have identified a 20-year-old man who was gunned down in a city barber shop.
The Boston Globe reported (http://bo.st/VgQAxA ) Sunday that police say Stephan Pires was shot in the head inside the Universal Barber Shop and Beauty Salon in the city's Dorchester neighborhood just after 7 p.m. Thursday.
A woman in her 70s getting her hair styled was grazed by a bullet on the arm. Police believe that Pires was targeted but the woman was an innocent bystander.
The death was the city's 40th homicide of the year.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 10801Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10490Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10422Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9824Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6498Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4191Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4093Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes