Police identify man found dead after suspicious Midwest City house fire
Police said firefighters found a man dead in a Midwest City home Wednesday night after extinguishing a fire there.
MIDWEST CITY — Police are calling the death of a man whose body was found after a house fire suspicious and are investigating the incident as a homicide.
Assistant Police Chief Sid Porter said Midwest City firefighters responded to a fire Wednesday night and found the man, identified as Gary Scheetz, 47. He said the Scheetz's cause of death is under investigation.
Fire Maj. David Richardson said firefighters were called about 8:40 p.m. to the house at 309 W Lilac Lane. He said light smoke was visible when firefighters arrived at the scene.
The blaze was confined to the living room, and firefighters were able to quickly extinguish it, Richardson said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 43037Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15155Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9718Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8776Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8708Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7875Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7675Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena