Police investigate sexual assault on Edmond school bus
A sexual assault on an Edmond school bus is being investigated by police. The report involved Santa Fe High School students on the way home from school.
EDMOND — Police are investigating a report of a sexual assault on an Edmond school bus.
The report was taken by police Tuesday at Santa Fe High School.
The incident happened Dec. 4 on the bus after school, police spokeswoman Jennifer Monroe said.
Susan Parks-Schlepp, Edmond schools spokeswoman, said the incident involved two students on the bus, which routinely takes 30 to 40 students home from school.
“We are not sure how many students were on the bus at the time,” Parks-Schlepp said. “There is one camera on the bus located in the bulkhead of the bus. Transportation officials have pulled the videotape and will be providing that to police to aid in their investigation.”
She said the parents of the victim told school officials their teenager was forced to perform oral sex on another teenager while on a bus that was taking students home from the high school.
No one had been suspended from school as of Thursday as a result of the incident.
“The alleged incident involves two minors,” Parks-Schlepp said. “We would like to be as transparent as possible, but because of federal and state privacy laws we are extremely limited in the amount of information that we can share.
“Edmond Public Schools takes allegations of this nature very seriously and we are cooperating fully with Edmond police in their investigation.”
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 20729Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17578Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11978Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10703Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 8989Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8551Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8339Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments