Police: LI man stole from mom, 85, to get drugs
WESTBURY, N.Y. (AP) — Police on Long Island allege that a man stole more than $100,000 from his 85-year-old mother to pay for his drug addiction.
Nassau County police say Paul Hannwacker was arrested early Sunday after his car was stopped at a 45-degree angle on a Westbury Road.
They say he was found with narcotics and his mother's credit card.
An investigation then uncovered the alleged thefts of money and jewelry over two years.
He faces charges that include DWI, possession of a controlled substance, grand larceny and identity theft.
The name of his attorney was not immediately known.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 54539Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32179Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9189Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction