Police looking for fifth person in arson case where four died after fire in Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City police say a fire where four people were found dead was the result of arson. And investigators are now searching for another man who they believe was at the house around the time the fire was set.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
While the state medical examiner's office has not officially identified the man or three women found dead in the house, police say the man found dead was not 31-year-old Jose Fernando Fierro, who had lived in the rent house on SW 56th for the last three months, and whose truck was still parked at the scene. Police would not say whether Fierro is the man they are looking for.
Master Sgt. Gary Knight said firefighters found the bodies of three women and one man at the scene of the intentionally set house fire in southwest Oklahoma City, but the medical examiner's office has not identified the bodies or made a ruling as to the causes of death.
Knight said the second man, whose name has not been released, is not a suspect at this time, but police have reason to believe he may have information that could further the investigation.
Melvin Watkins, whose family owns the home, said he rented the house to 31-year-old Jose Fernando Fierro, who had lived there for about three months.
Anyone with information about the fire or possible events leading up to it should call Crime Stoppers at 235-7300.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 62337Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 33106Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 31955Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 14420Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8241Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6093Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4001Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman