Police release name of man who died after hit-and-run in northeast Oklahoma City
Police have released the name of the Oklahoma City man killed in a hit-and-run traffic accident. The name of a woman killed in a separate incident has not been released.
Police have identified a man killed in hit-and-run traffic accident Wednesday night.
Fonzell Hamilton III, 36, of Oklahoma City, was run over about 7:30 p.m. in the 2700 block of NE 10 by a driver who left the scene.
Hamilton had been arguing with his wife when he jumped on her car as she tried to leave, police said. The car drove ran over his legs. A second car — described as a small, light-colored car — hit him and continued going east on NE 10. Hamilton was taken to OU Medical Center where he died.
Another pedestrian was hit and killed about 8:30 p.m. The woman was crossing SW 59 near Youngs Boulevard when she was hit by a car. Her name has not been released because relatives have not been notified, police said. The driver stopped and was not arrested Wednesday night, police said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments