Police respond to fight at Norman High School
Police were called to Norman High School on Wednesday after a fight between four girls erupted in a hallway. No injuries were reported, school officials said.
NORMAN — Police officers were sent to Norman High School Wednesday to assist school officials with a fight in the hallway.
A fight broke out between four girls shortly after 2 p.m., school district spokeswoman Shelly Hickman said. Administrators intervened and stopped the fight within a matter of seconds, she said.
“Police were called because the girls remained so emotional and volatile that administrators determined it would be better to remove them from the school site and sort it out elsewhere,” Hickman said.
The girls were taken for intervention to the Cleveland County Juvenile Center. No injuries were reported.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 18669Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9301Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7759Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6777UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6417Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed