Police seize six pounds of pot, $21,000 during bust near school
Zachary E. Knowles, 27, arrested after Village police find drugs, money, weapons and ledgers inside home three blocks from Casady School
Police seized more than six pounds of marijuana along with $21,000 in cash and a loaded shotgun from a residence near Casady School after a child answered the door, court documents show.
Casady School, 9500 N Pennsylvania, is approximately three blocks from Zachary Everest Knowles' residence.
Zachary Everest Knowles, 27, was arrested about 7 p.m. Saturday at a home in the 1400 block of Oxford after officers were greeted by the child and detected a strong odor of marijuana coming from inside the house, according to a probable cause affidavit filed Monday in Oklahoma County District Court.
Officers were responding to the residence on an “unrelated call” when they came in contact with Knowles.
He was arrested on multiple complaints, including possession of marijuana with intent to distribute within 1,000 feet of a school, according to the affidavit.
Knowles acknowledged smoking marijuana “earlier” that day, and told officers he had “some” marijuana in the house.
When police asked if he had an ounce or more, Knowles said “more,” according to the affidavit.
When asked if he was dealing drugs or it was for personal use, Knowles answered “personal use,” police reported.
During a search of the residence, officers reported finding 2,724 grams of marijuana, 218 grams of hashish, miscellaneous pills, plastic baggies, two digital scales and multiple glass pipes.
Police also recovered what appeared to be lists with the names of customers and amounts owed; $21,070 in cash; a .380 semi-automatic pistol with a full magazine next to it; and a loaded shotgun leaning against the closet door in Knowles' bedroom, according to the affidavit.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 27538Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15649Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10393Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9809Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9381Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8402Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8325Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena