Share “Police: Vt. teen's death believed to be...”

Police: Vt. teen's death believed to be accidental

Published on NewsOK Modified: February 26, 2013 at 4:13 pm •  Published: February 26, 2013
Advertisement

ST. ALBANS, Vt. (AP) — A candlelight vigil is being held in memory of the Georgia teenager who died Sunday afternoon, apparently of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Organizers tell the Burlington Free Press that a vigil for 17-year-old Logan Newell will take place at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Taylor Park in St. Albans.

Police they believe accidental carbon monoxide poisoning caused the death of the teen, who was found slumped over the steering wheel in a car.

Police said the investigation into Newell's death remains open until toxicology reports have been completed.

However, they said evidence gathered and an emissions test conducted on the car late Monday suggest the cause was accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

Newell, of Georgia, Vt., was found in the car at a park-and-ride area on Sunday.


AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    Merle Haggard Laments New Country Music About 'Screwing on a Tailgate'
  2. 2
    Migrants Fleeing Hungary Start a Long March Toward Germany
  3. 3
    When Pets Do Pot: A High That's Not So Mighty
  4. 4
    What Diseases Can You Get from a Water Fountain?
  5. 5
    Greek woman saves a Syrian man lost at sea for 13 hours
+ show more

FEATURED JOBS



× Trending health Article