Public Policy Polling surveyed 1,247 registered voters by phone and found that conspiracy theories still thrive in the minds of some Americans. Here's what they found:
• 6 percent believe Osama bin Laden is still alive.
• 14 percent say the CIA helped create the crack cocaine epidemic in America's inner cities in the 1980s.
• 9 percent think the government adds fluoride to our water supply for sinister reasons (not just dental health).
• 15 percent say the government or the media adds mind-controlling technology to TV signals (the so-called Tinfoil Hat crowd).
• 28 percent think Saddam Hussein was involved in the 9/11 attacks.
• 5 percent believe exhaust from airplanes is actually chemicals sprayed by the government for sinister reasons.
• 11 percent believe the U.S. government allowed 9/11 to happen; 78 percent do not agree.