Ponca City man dies after Kay County crash
Travell B. Carnes, 23, of Ponca City, died Sunday after a single-vehicle wreck in Kay County, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported
TONKAWA — A Ponca City man died Sunday after his vehicle ran off a highway in Kay County, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported.
About 10:40 a.m., Travell B. Carnes, 23, was driving on U.S. 177 about one mile northeast of Tonkawa when the vehicle went off the road and rolled about four times. Carnes, who was not wearing a seat belt, was thrown from the vehicle, troopers said.
He was taken to a hospital in Blackwell where he was pronounced dead.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 77840Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16227OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13741Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12057Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11953Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 11115Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 11023Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma tornado victims identified