Ponca City man dies after Kay County crash
Travell B. Carnes, 23, of Ponca City, died Sunday after a single-vehicle wreck in Kay County, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported
TONKAWA — A Ponca City man died Sunday after his vehicle ran off a highway in Kay County, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported.
About 10:40 a.m., Travell B. Carnes, 23, was driving on U.S. 177 about one mile northeast of Tonkawa when the vehicle went off the road and rolled about four times. Carnes, who was not wearing a seat belt, was thrown from the vehicle, troopers said.
He was taken to a hospital in Blackwell where he was pronounced dead.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10959Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10925Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9866Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9099Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5228Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4380Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3947OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M