Porter named running backs coach at Texas
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Former Memphis coach Larry Porter has been named running backs coach at Texas.
Coach Mack Brown on Wednesday announced the appointment of Porter, who last season coached running backs at Arizona State. Porter previously coached running backs at LSU and Oklahoma State.
Porter takes over for Major Applewhite, who was UT's co-offensive coordinator the last two seasons. Applewhite last month was handed play-calling duties when co-coordinator Bryan Harsin left to become the head coach at Arkansas State. Applewhite also oversees quarterbacks.
Texas beat Oregon State 31-27 on Saturday in the Alamo Bowl in San Antonio.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15993Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12289Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11194OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9941Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9689Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8745Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8728Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated