Porto fights back for 2-1 win at Estoril
LISBON, Portugal (AP) — Striker Jackson Martinez scored one goal and set up another to give FC Porto a 2-1 comeback win at Estoril on Sunday, keeping the defending champions level on points with leader Benfica.
Defender Steven Vitoria gave Estoril hope of an upset with a goal 10 minutes in.
But Martinez passed for Silvestre Varela to level with a header in the 57th, and three minutes later the Colombia striker headed in a cross from countryman James Rodriguez.
Jackson has scored in six straight league matches for Porto and has nine goals in 11 games overall this season.
Also, Braga remained three points back in third place after winning 2-0 at Maritimo.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 27859Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15705Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9405Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8491Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8399Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena