Possible I-40 vehicle shootings prompt interviews
No one has been arrested in connection with two possible shootings of vehicles along Interstate 40. But Canadian County law officers are talking to a few people about the incidents, an investigator said.
EL RENO — An investigator from the Canadian County Sheriff's office said Friday there are a few persons of interest to be interviewed in the reported shootings of two vehicles in western Canadian County on Interstate 40.
No one was injured, but two men have told authorities they think someone took shots at their vehicles while they were traveling on I-40 near Methodist Road about 9 miles northeast of Hinton on Wednesday, sheriff's Capt. Kevin Ward said.
“We have some folks of interest,” Ward said Friday. “But we don't have any suspects. We're going to be doing some legwork.”
A man from Louisiana said the passenger-side window of his pickup was shattered about 10 a.m. Wednesday as he was driving west on I-40. Then, about 3 p.m., a Bethany man driving east on I-40 in the same area said his back windshield was shattered after he hear a “thump,” Ward said. Anyone with information can call the Canadian County Sheriff's office at 262-3434.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13316Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11704Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5428Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5363Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4511OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4209Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3958How to help tornado victims