Power plant to be built at Ga. paper mill
ATLANTA (AP) — Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal has announced Dublin-based Green Power Solutions will open a plant in Laurens County.
Officials say the facility will be located on the site of an existing paper mill, and the move will create 35 new jobs.
Officials say the power plant will provide steam for the paper mill's day to day operations, and will sell excess power to Georgia Power Co. under a 20-year purchase agreement.
Construction is slated to begin in May of 2013 and the commercial power plant is set to open in 2015.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 87104Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16817OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12528Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9682Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8846Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation