Central Oklahoma moves from No. 5 to No. 4 in The Oklahoman's State College Football Power Poll. The rebuilding Bronchos proved Saturday with a 35-20 victory over NCAA Division II power Washburn (Kan.) that progress is being made under first-year coach Nick Bobeck. East Central coaches made the right move last week, opting to give redshirt freshman quarterback Spencer Bond his first collegiate start. Old Central States Football League powers Southern Nazarene and Langston are a combined 1-7 this season.
1. Southwestern State (1-2): Turnovers are why Bulldogs lost a 1-pointer at Southern Arkansas.
2. East Central (2-1): Change at quarterback was a necessity.
3. Southeastern State (1-2): Early deficit against Henderson State (Ark.) too much to overcome.
4. Central Oklahoma (1-3): Plenty of mountain left to climb, but Bronchos have taken a step in right direction.
5. Northeastern State (0-4): RiverHawks have lost last three games by a combined 20 points.
6. Langston (1-3): Lions have scored seven points in last eight quarters.
7. Panhandle State (2-1): Aggies return to action after a bye week.
8. Bacone (2-3): Warriors have another rum-dummer this week vs. winless Cole College
9. Southern Nazarene (0-4): No one said Division II would be easy.